Falconry Forum (IFF)


Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > FORUM SERVICES > Forum Website > Forum Personal Message (PM's), Threads & Posts

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 23-02-2012, 04:02 PM
GameHawk's Avatar
GameHawk GameHawk is offline
Braden Tennant
Passage
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Peak District
Posts: 1,458
Default Re: Why does the IFF tolerate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT Alison View Post
Jannes, you know how much I respect you. This puppy thing defies all ethical values no matter what the prey is. Hunting baby anything and then glorifying it is wrong.
I have killed baby rabbits in the past with a imprint Harris Hawk at hack to allow it to mentally grow. I don't feel bad, I certainly wouldn't glamorise it but just like a baggie it serves as a training tool and a confidence booster. In my case I allowed the harris to do it to stop seeing mum (me) as a food provider and to start hunting and looking for its self,
Jakk
__________________
These are not the droids you are looking for
  #12  
Old 23-02-2012, 04:09 PM
Little Joe's Avatar
Little Joe Little Joe is offline
Jannes Kruger
Haggard
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: far away
Posts: 8,328
Default Re: Why does the IFF tolerate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT Alison View Post
Jannes, you know how much I respect you. This puppy thing defies all ethical values no matter what the prey is. Hunting baby anything and then glorifying it is wrong.
My dear friend, I love dogs, but the guy is doing pest control!

One man's wine is another man's poison.
  #13  
Old 23-02-2012, 04:15 PM
Cedar77 Cedar77 is offline
Dina Pearson
Brancher
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: georgia
Posts: 280
Default Re: Why does the IFF tolerate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT Alison View Post
Jannes, you know how much I respect you. This puppy thing defies all ethical values no matter what the prey is. Hunting baby anything and then glorifying it is wrong.
Agreed, atb, Dina
__________________
Integrity is an underrated trait
  #14  
Old 23-02-2012, 04:17 PM
FireAsh123 FireAsh123 is offline
Ashley Barnes
Haggard
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: somewhere
Posts: 6,058
Default Re: Why does the IFF tolerate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Joe View Post
My dear friend, I love dogs, but the guy is doing pest control!

One man's wine is another man's poison.
Tell me about it.. cant see anything wrong but god that would bore me to death!
__________________
"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised God doesn’t work that way, so I stole
one and prayed for forgiveness."
  #15  
Old 23-02-2012, 04:56 PM
Little Joe's Avatar
Little Joe Little Joe is offline
Jannes Kruger
Haggard
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: far away
Posts: 8,328
Default Re: Why does the IFF tolerate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireAsh123 View Post
tell me about it.. cant see anything wrong but god that would bore me to death!
Fair play Ash, but at the end of the day, an eagles appeal is not its speed or agility, but its power! Just look at the videos about the Mongolians. Its not about long hard chases, its about subduing powerful and dangerous quarry.

One should not be critical about a branch of falconry unless youve experienced it.

This emotional nonsense about hunting dogs is based on a total ignorance of nature. Feral dogs pack up at night and tear apart other domestic animals alive! Some people love cats - try to start a cat thread on this forum and see how quickly it turns emotional irrational.

Some people love pigeons! I step on babies and eggs daily for good money! Some people think eating fruit and vegies is not cruel. |I think that's eating the fetuses and sexual organs of plants!!!!

Dina, the last time you ate a mango, you were voraciously devouring the unborn baby of a mommy mango tree!!!

Regards,
Jannes
  #16  
Old 23-02-2012, 05:22 PM
Cedar77 Cedar77 is offline
Dina Pearson
Brancher
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: georgia
Posts: 280
Default Re: Why does the IFF tolerate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Joe View Post
Fair play Ash, but at the end of the day, an eagles appeal is not its speed or agility, but its power! Just look at the videos about the Mongolians. Its not about long hard chases, its about subduing powerful and dangerous quarry.

One should not be critical about a branch of falconry unless youve experienced it.

This emotional nonsense about hunting dogs is based on a total ignorance of nature. Feral dogs pack up at night and tear apart other domestic animals alive! Some people love cats - try to start a cat thread on this forum and see how quickly it turns emotional irrational.

Some people love pigeons! I step on babies and eggs daily for good money! Some people think eating fruit and vegies is not cruel. |I think that's eating the fetuses and sexual organs of plants!!!!

Dina, the last time you ate a mango, you were voraciously devouring the unborn baby of a mommy mango tree!!!

Regards,
Jannes
Ok, I GET IT Jannes, we're all friends here, I want it to stay that way, atb, Dina
__________________
Integrity is an underrated trait
  #17  
Old 23-02-2012, 05:24 PM
David Rampling's Avatar
David Rampling David Rampling is offline
Dave
Haggard
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Clovelly, North Devon
Posts: 13,786
Default Re: Why does the IFF tolerate?

I found it difficult to watch, and admit the video footage makes me feel very uncomfortable. Maybe its a cultural thing, or maybe its my age. I also find the wolf hunting sequences so disturbing I wont watch them anymore. I make no apology for that. Atb.
__________________
Why are there so many plonkers?
  #18  
Old 23-02-2012, 05:35 PM
Little Joe's Avatar
Little Joe Little Joe is offline
Jannes Kruger
Haggard
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: far away
Posts: 8,328
Default Re: Why does the IFF tolerate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedar77 View Post
ok, I GET IT Jannes, we're all friends here, I want it to stay that way, atb, Dina
Tongue in cheek Dina! I know you have a good heart.

Love, Jannes

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Rampling View Post
I found it difficult to watch, and admit the video footage makes me feel very uncomfortable. Maybe its a cultural thing, or maybe its my age. I also find the wolf hunting sequences so disturbing I wont watch them anymore. I make no apology for that. Atb.
Dave, my respected friend,

You know how it is. The first time you see a spar eating its quarry alive, its alarming, but you realize its nature. You get used to stuff, ask any Iraq veteran.

I agree we have to be gentle with the TV public, but thats a different matter.

Rgds and ever yours,
Jannes
  #19  
Old 23-02-2012, 05:47 PM
David Rampling's Avatar
David Rampling David Rampling is offline
Dave
Haggard
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Clovelly, North Devon
Posts: 13,786
Default Re: Why does the IFF tolerate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Joe View Post


You know how it is.
Of course you are right my friend, I remember the first time I heard a hare scream, i didnt like it much. But I got used to it, and ignored it, even took the mickey out of those who found it disturbing, and caught loads of hares. But now I am nudging fifty, i dont like it anymore, its just a personal thing...funny old world.

Dogs have a special place in the heart of many an Englishman, I am not saying it is logical, but its true. Very best wishes, as ever Dave.
__________________
Why are there so many plonkers?
  #20  
Old 23-02-2012, 06:06 PM
Harris's Avatar
Harris Harris is offline
Simon Rees - Moderator
Haggard
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Near Swansea
Posts: 16,663
Default Re: Why does the IFF tolerate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT Alison View Post
Why is it this forum tolerates posts and threads containing images of birds killing puppies? Even in countries where it is acceptable for the culling of canine breeds as prey, why does this forum see it ethical to allow posts of puppies being intentionally killed by falconry birds? Doesn't falconry have enough anti's against it without adding this type of ammunition to their battle against us? What happened to ethics? Do any of you post photos of hunting baby bunnies? Prey still in downy feathers? I think it is completely out of hand to allow this to continue, no matter how "interesting" it may appear.
Alison I take offence at this post! I am more or less the only Mod running the forum at the moment and I certainly do not tolerate it and neither does this forum what ever that means!!!

Instead of starting a pointless thread highlighting it, why haven't you simply reported the post so that I can remove it and deal with the person that has posted it?
__________________
[CENTER] [URL="http://www.eclipse.co.uk/~su2550/IFF%20Starter%20Pack.pdf"][IMG]http://www.eclipse.co.uk/~su2550/IFFSP.jpg[/IMG] [/URL][/CENTER]
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
iff, tolerate

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.