Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > FORUM SERVICES > Forum Website > Forum Personal Message (PM's), Threads & Posts

Closed Thread

Old 23-02-2012, 04:02 PM
Braden Tennant
Passage

Default Re: Why does the IFF tolerate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT Alison View Post
Jannes, you know how much I respect you. This puppy thing defies all ethical values no matter what the prey is. Hunting baby anything and then glorifying it is wrong.
I have killed baby rabbits in the past with a imprint Harris Hawk at hack to allow it to mentally grow. I don't feel bad, I certainly wouldn't glamorise it but just like a baggie it serves as a training tool and a confidence booster. In my case I allowed the harris to do it to stop seeing mum (me) as a food provider and to start hunting and looking for its self,
Jakk
Old 23-02-2012, 04:09 PM
Jannes Kruger
Haggard

Quote:
Jannes, you know how much I respect you. This puppy thing defies all ethical values no matter what the prey is. Hunting baby anything and then glorifying it is wrong.
My dear friend, I love dogs, but the guy is doing pest control!

One man's wine is another man's poison.
Old 23-02-2012, 04:15 PM
Dina Pearson
Brancher

Quote:
Agreed, atb, Dina
Old 23-02-2012, 04:17 PM
Ashley Barnes
Haggard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Joe View Post
My dear friend, I love dogs, but the guy is doing pest control!

One man's wine is another man's poison.
Tell me about it.. cant see anything wrong but god that would bore me to death!
Old 23-02-2012, 04:56 PM
Jannes Kruger
Haggard

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireAsh123 View Post
tell me about it.. cant see anything wrong but god that would bore me to death!
Fair play Ash, but at the end of the day, an eagles appeal is not its speed or agility, but its power! Just look at the videos about the Mongolians. Its not about long hard chases, its about subduing powerful and dangerous quarry.

One should not be critical about a branch of falconry unless youve experienced it.

This emotional nonsense about hunting dogs is based on a total ignorance of nature. Feral dogs pack up at night and tear apart other domestic animals alive! Some people love cats - try to start a cat thread on this forum and see how quickly it turns emotional irrational.

Some people love pigeons! I step on babies and eggs daily for good money! Some people think eating fruit and vegies is not cruel. |I think that's eating the fetuses and sexual organs of plants!!!!

Dina, the last time you ate a mango, you were voraciously devouring the unborn baby of a mommy mango tree!!!

Regards,
Jannes
Old 23-02-2012, 05:22 PM
Dina Pearson
Brancher

Quote:
Fair play Ash, but at the end of the day, an eagles appeal is not its speed or agility, but its power! Just look at the videos about the Mongolians. Its not about long hard chases, its about subduing powerful and dangerous quarry.

One should not be critical about a branch of falconry unless youve experienced it.

This emotional nonsense about hunting dogs is based on a total ignorance of nature. Feral dogs pack up at night and tear apart other domestic animals alive! Some people love cats - try to start a cat thread on this forum and see how quickly it turns emotional irrational.

Some people love pigeons! I step on babies and eggs daily for good money! Some people think eating fruit and vegies is not cruel. |I think that's eating the fetuses and sexual organs of plants!!!!

Dina, the last time you ate a mango, you were voraciously devouring the unborn baby of a mommy mango tree!!!

Regards,
Jannes
Ok, I GET IT Jannes, we're all friends here, I want it to stay that way, atb, Dina
Old 23-02-2012, 05:24 PM
Dave
Haggard

I found it difficult to watch, and admit the video footage makes me feel very uncomfortable. Maybe its a cultural thing, or maybe its my age. I also find the wolf hunting sequences so disturbing I wont watch them anymore. I make no apology for that. Atb.
Old 23-02-2012, 05:35 PM
Jannes Kruger
Haggard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedar77 View Post
ok, I GET IT Jannes, we're all friends here, I want it to stay that way, atb, Dina
Tongue in cheek Dina! I know you have a good heart.

Love, Jannes

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Rampling View Post
I found it difficult to watch, and admit the video footage makes me feel very uncomfortable. Maybe its a cultural thing, or maybe its my age. I also find the wolf hunting sequences so disturbing I wont watch them anymore. I make no apology for that. Atb.
Dave, my respected friend,

You know how it is. The first time you see a spar eating its quarry alive, its alarming, but you realize its nature. You get used to stuff, ask any Iraq veteran.

I agree we have to be gentle with the TV public, but thats a different matter.

Rgds and ever yours,
Jannes
Old 23-02-2012, 05:47 PM
Dave
Haggard

Quote:

You know how it is.
Of course you are right my friend, I remember the first time I heard a hare scream, i didnt like it much. But I got used to it, and ignored it, even took the mickey out of those who found it disturbing, and caught loads of hares. But now I am nudging fifty, i dont like it anymore, its just a personal thing...funny old world.

Dogs have a special place in the heart of many an Englishman, I am not saying it is logical, but its true. Very best wishes, as ever Dave.
Old 23-02-2012, 06:06 PM
Simon Rees - Moderator
Haggard

Quote:
Why is it this forum tolerates posts and threads containing images of birds killing puppies? Even in countries where it is acceptable for the culling of canine breeds as prey, why does this forum see it ethical to allow posts of puppies being intentionally killed by falconry birds? Doesn't falconry have enough anti's against it without adding this type of ammunition to their battle against us? What happened to ethics? Do any of you post photos of hunting baby bunnies? Prey still in downy feathers? I think it is completely out of hand to allow this to continue, no matter how "interesting" it may appear.
Alison I take offence at this post! I am more or less the only Mod running the forum at the moment and I certainly do not tolerate it and neither does this forum what ever that means!!!

Instead of starting a pointless thread highlighting it, why haven't you simply reported the post so that I can remove it and deal with the person that has posted it?