Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > FALCONRY HUNTING & HAWKING DISCUSSIONS > Law, Exams, Land, Weather & Trapping

Old 22-09-2013, 12:07 AM
Ash Lawson
Passage

Default Re: Hunting Season Dates!!!!!

Am I right in thinking that there's no difference between taking quarry with the gun or the bird as far as the seasons go?
Old 22-09-2013, 12:19 AM
Stewart Robertson
Haggard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CotswoldRedtail View Post
Am I right in thinking that there's no difference between taking quarry with the gun or the bird as far as the seasons go?
Nothing to do with how they are taken, all to do with WHEN they are allowed to be taken Ash. In saying that, I believe there are specific rules that apply to deer, that they may only be shot using a rifle ?
Old 22-09-2013, 01:28 AM
Ash Lawson
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loch Lomond View Post
Nothing to do with how they are taken, all to do with WHEN they are allowed to be taken Ash. In saying that, I believe there are specific rules that apply to deer, that they may only be shot using a rifle ?
That's what I though Stewart but I thought it was worth clarifying!
Old 22-09-2013, 08:30 AM
Passage

Quote:
Thank you Stewart, that was very helpful.
Old 22-09-2013, 12:08 PM
Barry Blyther
Passage

Quote:
Worth taking a personal reminder of the hare season in Scotland.
Barry
Old 08-05-2014, 02:24 PM
David
Passage

So what does that mean the counties that are not on the list of prohibition of taking game on Sundays and Christmas day it is legal to take game in these counties which there are a few ?

Http://www.naturenet.net/law/seasons.htm

"In England and Wales no game may be killed or taken in any county on Sunday or Christmas Day. Game for the purposes of this section means pheasant, partridge, red grouse, black grouse and hare. Orders prohibiting the shooting of wildfowl on Sundays made under sections 2 and 13 of the Protection of Birds Act 1954 still in existence are in the following counties (or parts of counties in existence before the 1974 local authority re-organisation): Anglesey, Brecknock, Caernarvon, Carmarthen, Cardigan, Cornwall, Denbigh, Devon, Doncaster, Glamorgan, Great Yarmouth County Borough, Isle of Ely, Leeds County Borough, Merioneth, Norfolk, Pembroke, Somerset, North and West Ridings of Yorkshire. In Scotland there are no statutory restrictions on the killing of game on Sunday or Christmas Day but it is not customary to do so. Wildfowl species may not be shot on Sunday or Christmas Day.
Old 08-05-2014, 05:22 PM
Gerry Plant
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor_Man View Post
So what does that mean the counties that are not on the list of prohibition of taking game on Sundays and Christmas day it is legal to take game in these counties which there are a few ?

http://www.naturenet.net/law/seasons.htm

"In England and Wales no game may be killed or taken in any county on Sunday or Christmas Day. Game for the purposes of this section means pheasant, partridge, red grouse, black grouse and hare. Orders prohibiting the shooting of wildfowl on Sundays made under sections 2 and 13 of the Protection of Birds Act 1954 still in existence are in the following counties (or parts of counties in existence before the 1974 local authority re-organisation): Anglesey, Brecknock, Caernarvon, Carmarthen, Cardigan, Cornwall, Denbigh, Devon, Doncaster, Glamorgan, Great Yarmouth County Borough, Isle of Ely, Leeds County Borough, Merioneth, Norfolk, Pembroke, Somerset, North and West Ridings of Yorkshire. In Scotland there are no statutory restrictions on the killing of game on Sunday or Christmas Day but it is not customary to do so. Wildfowl species may not be shot on Sunday or Christmas Day.
Read it again David - you cannot kill game anywhere in England and Wales on a Sunday or Christmas Day. The list of counties refers only to the shooting of wildfowl.

Gerry x
Old 08-05-2014, 06:37 PM
David
Passage

OK
Old 21-10-2017, 08:16 PM
Duane Skuce
Passage

I live in SW Ontario Canada, hunted the cotton tailed rabbit as my primary prey this is what I found. The legal take is six per day, which I never exceeded. The season runs to February 28th, I quit hunting them at the end of January because I found the does after this were pregnant with young so I wasn't killing one bunny rather I was killing my future prey. Add predation especially the increase of Feral cats, nighttime felines let out & coyotes, not only will the bunny population drop but may even disappear.
Old 22-10-2017, 01:41 PM
Robin
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNoseK9 View Post
Guys please remember the actual dates for hunting each quarry and remember that it is illegal to take these quarry outside these dates,
Accidents can happen when training hawks but just remeber this is an open public forum and is viewable by falconry supporters and Anti falconry people alike.
Thought that was for the others,hows it hanging