Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > FORUM SERVICES > Forum Website > Forum Personal Message (PM's), Threads & Posts

Old 18-07-2010, 02:24 PM
Kevin - UK Falconers Club Rep
Haggard

Default Re: ********WARNING To all members********

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harris View Post
No problem mate

If the original member who PM'd me wishes to name the person then thats up to them. The reason I would prefer them not to be named is so the Mod team can keep an eye on them, I check their posts every day some times several times a day, if the member changes their name which they will, it will take me a few days to find them again. It would help if members report any for sale threads that are not in the for sale section, especially by members with very few posts.
Si when it comes to a thief amoungst us then full details should be posted
Old 18-07-2010, 02:26 PM
Justin Leyte リート ジャスティン - Official Site Sponsor
Passage

It may be useful to inform members that if they pay for items only by Paypal, they are afforded an extraordinary level of protection against just this type of fraud.

Justin
[COLOR="Red"]UPDATED New and used Tracker Classic / Marshall Scout telemetry systems starting at ú350. Worry-free 1 year warranty on used equipment. Buy from the most trusted name in used telemetry. Free worldwide EMS shipping. Please email me at [IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG] or view available systems here on the forum by clicking http://www.falconryforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=127432
Old 18-07-2010, 02:30 PM
Simon Rees - Moderator
Haggard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaManada View Post
It may be useful to inform members that if they pay for items only by Paypal, they are afforded an extraordinary level of protection against just this type of fraud.

Justin
Justin does that cover all private sales or just transactions through ebay? If it is all transactions then it is a very valid point, however I feel it could be open to abuse.
Old 18-07-2010, 02:39 PM
Passage

Is his ip address not known? it can be used to put a stop to the scum bag
Old 18-07-2010, 02:44 PM
Kevin - UK Falconers Club Rep
Haggard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisy View Post
is his ip address not known? it can be used to put a stop to the scum bag
If someone has been ripped off the something was sent to an address.....maybe a cheque written out too?.......post full details a couple of times as a deterrent
Old 18-07-2010, 02:44 PM
Simon Rees - Moderator
Haggard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisy View Post
is his ip address not known? it can be used to put a stop to the scum bag
IP addresses change like the weather, and are easily blocked. the simple solution is to be very careful if you decide to but something from anyone who is trying to sell something outside of the For sale section. It really is that simple.
Old 18-07-2010, 02:46 PM
Graham Stuart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harris View Post
Justin does that cover all private sales or just transactions through ebay? If it is all transactions then it is a very valid point, however I feel it could be open to abuse.
I paid a ú50 deposit for a pup a few years ago through paypal as they were in south wales and i didnt want to travel down twice, after a bit of searching about i found out the woman breed 40 types of dogs, so when i phoned her up and mentioned puppy farms she went mental and refused a refund, when i contacted paypal they gave me ú75 back from her but saying that if the seller doesnt have any funds in thier paypal account you cant get anything back.....
Old 18-07-2010, 02:50 PM
Simon Rees - Moderator
Haggard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Stuart View Post
I paid a ú50 deposit for a pup a few years ago through paypal as they were in south wales and i didnt want to travel down twice, after a bit of searching about i found out the woman breed 40 types of dogs, so when i phoned her up and mentioned puppy farms she went mental and refused a refund, when i contacted paypal they gave me ú75 back from her but saying that if the seller doesnt have any funds in thier paypal account you cant get anything back.....
Thanks Graham, so its certainly an option members should consider. Remember when buying of a member check their comments page, check their previous posts and sales threads, have a look to see if any other member has complained on a thread about them. Just do a little research it could save a lot of heart ache.
Old 18-07-2010, 03:14 PM
Billy Mazella
Passage

Thanks for warning Simon! , As you say it is down to the person decieved in this particular instance as to whether or not to " Name and Shame" or name this thief as it were!

Either way the advice/warning you have given i feel is enough to make people AWARE that this goes on and only to buy from people on here that they trust!

Hey simon when you sending me that book i paid for it 16 months ago and you ignore my PM`s ???? LMAO hehe

Bill
Old 18-07-2010, 03:42 PM
Hattie - IFF Sponsor
Haggard

Guys - the member in question has been banned and keeps coming back under different usernames and is using an IP blocker to fool the forum software that tells the mods that they are the same person.

However they have been back so many times now we can usually spot them quite quickly but not necessarily before they have posted a sales thread.

The main thing is - we would recommend that you do not respond to those posting sales or wanted ads outside the proper section, particularily those posted by new members, and if you spot one - report it and let us know.
I am going to keep things like this"
Ted Hughes