Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > BIRD OF PREY TALK > Broadwings - Buteo > Harris Hawks

Old 19-12-2017, 11:18 PM
Default Re: Rogue 2016 female Harris hawk

Originally Posted by HarrisHawkMan_79 View Post
Hi Brad
I've not been flying as much with the cold set in here for a week. It's the one draw back to a Harris hawk in Michigan the temps at times become well below Harris hawk weather. But after a week or so the temps go back up and we get back out. There truthfully is better suited hawks for Michigan such as a gos or red tailed hawks. But both come with their pros and cons. Tho weather typically isn't one of eithers. After this season I maybe switching to a gos. Here in the states we can trap or pull wild hawks and we r highly regulated but I was lucky enough to pull 1 of the 4 goshawk trapping permits for my state
Hi Harold, was just wondering if you do switch to a Gos what will you do with Rogue ? John
Old 20-12-2017, 07:42 AM
Harold James II
Default Re: Rogue 2016 female Harris hawk

Got out and flew Rogue yesterday she was 35.30oz and on point John Haugh meet me at my house at about 4pm and hot the field around 420pm.
We were in the field roughly twenty minutes when Rogue indicated we had a bunny moving.as I wasn't sure where we began to submerge together when I seen rogue lean towards me and I looked down to catch a short glimpse of the Bunny moving in front of me about ten ft I quickly looked up and back down to watch rogue slam into it. Since we still had daylight and it was so short I quickly traded her off. We have her a minute to regain her self and up she went.
We moved several more bunnies and had some great flights but the sun quickly took are fun and we called it a day.

Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Hi Harold, was just wondering if you do switch to a Gos what will you do with Rogue ? John
Hey John
I will probably sell her to a buddy of mine that wants her. Or sell her to another falconer. With our regs we have to be a licensed falconer of a general class or higher to own a hh . And licensed to be a Falconer period. I know I can't fly two birds at once. But if I was to keep rogue once I got the gos it would only be until I got the gos steady.

2016, female, harris, hawk, rogue