Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > FORUM SERVICES > Forum Website > Forum Albums, Pictures, Photographs & Graphics

Old 21-02-2013, 03:36 PM
Mark
Brancher

Default Re: My New Female Harris Hawk

Dean you don't even know me so how do you know I'm a liar
Old 21-02-2013, 04:44 PM
Hamish
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean York View Post
I think you will find I help more people on here than most. What I dont like Mark is liars. You are a liar. And if I want to post a comment I will.

What would you like me to post a picture of? Let me know and I will.

Dean
Why is he a liar? He says he doesn't know you?
Old 21-02-2013, 04:52 PM
Tony
Brancher

Default Re: My new female harris hawk

Quote:
I wouldnt keep a feral pigeon in there. Wto a big risk as well as cere and feather damage. Like ive said before. Your a big time messer. Train your own bird from scratch.

Dean
I have been to see mark and the Harris and I can tell you he has the birds interest at heart he has asked me to help him along with this bird and I will
Mark has only put the Harris in this mews until he has sorted out the other one he is building in his garden the bloke that the bird come from was kept teathered to its home made bow perch day and night with no mews or aviary so as it stands even as the bird is being kept now she is 1000times better off
Old 21-02-2013, 05:31 PM
Haggard

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pest View Post
Dean you don't even know me so how do you know I'm a liar
You say you started falconry in 1983. You have very little knowledge in year 2013. Falconry is hunting with birds of prey. Not owning a Barn Owl or a Kestrel as a boy.

Why didnt you have sufficient knowledge "before" you bought your ready trained birds, with correct housing in place already. It takes skill to fly a cast of Harris Hawks properly. And to do one bird justice is hard enough never mind two. Or are you starting a rescue centre.

Dean

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakerHunter View Post
I have been to see mark and the Harris and I can tell you he has the birds interest at heart he has asked me to help him along with this bird and I will
Mark has only put the Harris in this mews until he has sorted out the other one he is building in his garden the bloke that the bird come from was kept teathered to its home made bow perch day and night with no mews or aviary so as it stands even as the bird is being kept now she is 1000times better off
Good on you for helping Mark out.
Old 21-02-2013, 06:12 PM
Mark
Brancher

Quote:
You say you started falconry in 1983. You have very little knowledge in year 2013. Falconry is hunting with birds of prey. Not owning a Barn Owl or a Kestrel as a boy.

Why didnt you have sufficient knowledge "before" you bought your ready trained birds, with correct housing in place already. It takes skill to fly a cast of Harris Hawks properly. And to do one bird justice is hard enough never mind two. Or are you starting a rescue

Good on you for helping Mark out.
As I have all ready said I don't give a **** what you think it's no wonder the sport is nearly finished its prats like you trying to bully people into your way of thinking. What a shame if we all done what you wanted the world would be a sad place. I won't be answering any more of your comments I have better things to do with my time
Old 21-02-2013, 06:18 PM
Haggard

Quote:
As I have all ready said I don't give a **** what you think it's no wonder the sport is nearly finished its prats like you trying to bully people into your way of thinking. What a shame if we all done what you wanted the world would be a sad place. I won't be answering any more of your comments I have better things to do with my time
Thanks for the reply Mark. Im not bullying anyone here. And I cant see what Ive done would damage the sport, Id of thought people who dont have any idea what they were doing would do that. A bit like getting a plumber to rewire your house. I hope this makes sence.

I hope you do well with your birds and they are flown hard next season. And learn from Saker Hunter.

Atb
Dean
Old 21-02-2013, 07:17 PM
Dave
Haggard

Quote:
Mark. There are very few on this forum who know as much about Harris hawks, their training and requirements, as Dean. I do not think he is bullying anyone into his way of thinking because all of his comments about your pen are absolutely right. It is not suitable for a harris hawk, even temporarily. If the weather falls below zero, that bird could well be in trouble, ( I can make out a corner shelf perch in the first photo, that will be no protection in cold weather) and if the bird gets spooked in there, that tail wont last long. You don't know the bird well enough to know how it will behave.

He is often blunt, and a bit harsh, as am I. It is easy for experienced falconers to get cross, when you can see errors being made, and birds being put at risk. And the person concerned is not listening.

It is a shame the two of you do not get on, because you could learn an awful lot from him. Atb.
Old 21-02-2013, 07:32 PM
Haggard

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Rampling View Post
Mark. There are very few on this forum who know as much about Harris hawks, their training and requirements, as Dean. I do not think he is bullying anyone into his way of thinking because all of his comments about your pen are absolutely right. It is not suitable for a harris hawk, even temporarily. If the weather falls below zero, that bird will be in trouble, ( I can make out a corner shelf perch in the first photo, that will be no protection in cold weather) and if the bird gets spooked in there, that tail wont last long. You don't know the bird well enough to know how it will behave.

He is often blunt, and a bit harsh, as am I. It is easy for experienced falconers to get cross, when you can see errors being made, and birds being put at risk. And the person concerned is not listening.

It is a shame the two of you do not get on, because you could learn an awful lot from him. Atb.
Thanks for the kind words David. I probably have been too harsh on Mark. Its nothing personal. I dont hold grudges either, and when I see him on here doing well I will be the first to congatulate him.

Mark Im sorry if Ive offended you. And I mean that. Learn from Sakerhunter and who ever you can. But Im not taking any comments back.

Atb
Dean
Old 21-02-2013, 08:33 PM
Mark
Brancher

Well David you speak very highly of Dean, but please read the posts this bird was tethered to a bow perch on concrete day and night apart from when she was flying, this bird came to me earlier than expected changes are going to be made ASAP as already been said, may be within these falconry courses they should have a section on people skills there is no need for a complete stranger to call someone a messa a liar, at no time have I said I would fly a cast so may be I being confused with some body else that's all I've got to say on the matter
Old 21-02-2013, 08:43 PM
Haggard

Quote:
Well David you speak very highly of Dean, but please read the posts this bird was tethered to a bow perch on concrete day and night apart from when she was flying, this bird came to me earlier than expected changes are going to be made ASAP as already been said, may be within these falconry courses they should have a section on people skills there is no need for a complete stranger to call someone a messa a liar, at no time have I said I would fly a cast so may be I being confused with some body else that's all I've got to say on the matter
Mark are you going to hunt both these hawks? And how many times a week for how long will they be hunted? It hasnt got anything to do with me what you do. But posting pictures like you have with antis watching regular gets my goat. Mark Ive seen some hawks kept in some very lowsey states just like the one you rescued. By members on here too. If I was to rescue them all Id need a farm.

Again, I was calling you a liar because you state you started falconry in 1983. When you clearly didnt.

Sorry again if Ive offended you. But why not just say it how it is. eg. Ive been into falconry or interested in the sport since 1983. I kept a Barn Owl and a Kestrel. I didnt know enough and got rid. Im making a come back and want to know more. Can someone mentor me please Ive got a big desire and passion to fly hawks to a high standard. You clearly have the passion. I can see it in your anger towards me. Im willing to help you here. Just come clean with the bull s hit.

Dean