Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > FORUM SPONSORSHIP & COMMERCIAL ADVERTISING > FAR EAST FALCONRY by CANADAMANADA

Old 08-09-2015, 06:47 AM
Brancher

Default Re: Microsensory VS Marshall at Jemima's

The Marshall system was tested on several birds and had a live feed to a tv screen which showed all the information in real time.Speed height etc and a trace on Google earth. It is done by a radio link that has the range of a micro transmitter. Looked very impressive but for me the range limit would be a major factor.
Microsensory had a stall there. Their system also works on radio waves but has a sim card so when out of radio range you send a message to get a current location
Old 08-09-2015, 06:54 AM
Paul MacDermot
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaManada View Post
So, what happened at Jemima's then???
Marshall had a very large stand and big banner. Microsensory had a modest stand and small banner. Marshall had plenty of stock and were selling it. Microsensory was showing their equipment and answering questions.

It was launch day for Marshall GPS in the UK. The new transmitter was used on 3 or 4 different falcons and live data was streamed on a TV.

http://youtu.be/hpGFo_8XV3w

Same flight replayed in fast motion afterwards:

https://youtu.be/fN-neOaMqa8

Last edited by PaulUsHilarius; 08-09-2015 at 10:53 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 27-09-2015, 10:51 AM
Brancher

Not to answer as a seller or enter into a debate, but just some points that should be known:

- We should have had a stand next to Bob's one in the centre but were moved at the far end of the stands, but as the fair is not that big interested people could come and inform.

- I asked several times to equip on of the demo birds with our equipment, among others to show the working of the app, but never had a positive answer.

We obviously need to get known better and lack of the proper contacts to open us some doors.

About Marshall, any feedback from users (deliveries started I think) about range and battery life?

Regards

Xavier Morel
Old 27-09-2015, 11:06 AM
Nick Curry
Passage

Was the event sponsored by Marshall?

Another well known internet forum is very keen to not publicise any other telemetry brand.

I find it a little distasteful in a world where healthy competition benefits all.

Nick
Old 27-09-2015, 05:31 PM
Haggard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xamorel View Post
Not to answer as a seller or enter into a debate, but just some points that should be known:

- We should have had a stand next to Bob's one in the centre but were moved at the far end of the stands, but as the fair is not that big interested people could come and inform.

- I asked several times to equip on of the demo birds with our equipment, among others to show the working of the app, but never had a positive answer.

We obviously need to get known better and lack of the proper contacts to open us some doors.

About Marshall, any feedback from users (deliveries started I think) about range and battery life?

Regards

Xavier Morel
Xavier - if come and exhibit at the Raptor Fair www.raptorfair.com next year; we will trial your gear on our own birds during the demos. You can introduce your own gear in the demo too if you wish.

Oh - and you can have a stand next to Bob's!
Old 28-09-2015, 10:36 AM
Brancher

Quote:
Originally Posted by HallBeck View Post
Xavier - if come and exhibit at the Raptor Fair www.raptorfair.com next year; we will trial your gear on our own birds during the demos. You can introduce your own gear in the demo too if you wish.

Oh - and you can have a stand next to Bob's!

Thanks! That's very nice, would be happy to do that

If I can and my job gives me the time, I sure will be there.

Being next to Bob was, apart of the company, also because so some of his guys could help a bit if I needed to go to the loo or eat something!

Regards

Xavier
Old 28-09-2015, 02:02 PM
Passage

Ive been using the ledesma gps for over a year now (which works very well) but was going to get the new marshall gps, but 20 miles line of site? that's no good for what I want so the next gps ill be getting will be from Microsenory.
Old 13-10-2016, 05:57 AM
Andy
Passage

So, a year on and what are people's thoughts now?
All I ever seem to see is people posting on Facebook downloaded flights for the Marshall system. Seems a bit of a waste of money to spend a load of cash to get height, speed, distance etc when the the main point is getting your bird back......and this is line of sight still with limited range not to mention very short battery life.
I don't see much feedback on the microsensory which would appear to have a better spec other than the size of the transmitter.