Andreas
Passage

Default Re: Wild peregrine facts and images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberia View Post
many many times
but the surrounding looked different
ATB
Me too,but there is one post named : laner? and Black Shaheen posted one really interested photo. Is this real colour from an peregrine and did you see them in the wild ,vat part,...For me looks a alien .Thank`s
Old 19-11-2011, 07:05 PM
Brancher

sorry for the quality from the pics but there is not an bigger focus!
always in the wintertime routing some peregrines there and it is fantastic to see them hunting on pigeons!
This peregrine was not trapped - but it is only to showing the size of the tower from WW2!
Regards, MM.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tower from ww2. 1.jpg (76.8 KB, 1305 views)
File Type: jpg tower from ww2.jpg (49.5 KB, 1300 views)
Old 20-11-2011, 11:22 PM
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igumann View Post
Me too,but there is one post named : laner? and Black Shaheen posted one really interested photo. Is this real colour from an peregrine and did you see them in the wild ,vat part,...For me looks a alien .Thank`s

This is the normal color.Where ? Beyond the the Arctic Circle
Old 21-11-2011, 09:39 AM
Juan De Marcken
Passage

? could you post us pictures of peregrines falcons as pale as that one We just had a comment from tom Cade that , althought this bird is not unique
said that it is a quite unusual hawk , here are some more picture of the same falcon.
Here is some of his analysis:
" this specimen shows unusual characteristics around the head, neck and throat area. The facial streak, for example is reduced and disrupted in pattern, and the amount of light coloring on the throat, neck, cheeks, nape, and crown would certainly fall outside the range of variation seen in more than 99% of northern peregrine falcons. The back also shows characteristics that are suggestive of a saker. "

Old 21-11-2011, 12:23 PM
Juan De Marcken
Passage

For you vets in case it would be needed:The mean duration and amplitudes of the lead II electrocardiogram were determined in the peregrine falcon (Falco peregrinus brookei) using 10 birds ranging in age from 1 to 5 yr. Electrocardiograms were performed on unanesthetized falcons in order to avoid the anesthesia effect on the electrocardiogram, by a method which seems to induce a tonic immobility-like reaction. All the falcons had a normal sinus rhythm, with a mean heart rate of 268 beats per minute. Mean durations of PR, ST, QT, and RR intervals were higher (but not statistically significant) in females than in males, except for the ST segment, with similar values in both sexes. P-wave deflections were positive in I, II, III, aVL, and aVF and negative in aVR. The normal patterns of wave forms of the QRS complexes in all leads were of QS and rS types, except for aVR and aVL, which presented an R configuration. The mean electrical axis was negative, with an average of -99.9 degrees. T-wave deflections were positive in I, II, III, and aVF leads II and negative in aVR and aVL. The data collected in this study may serve as a guide for electrocardiographic monitoring of peregrine falcons.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:39 PM
Juan De Marcken
Passage

I was given recently an interesting article from the Tasmanian newspaper "The Examiner" (Wed, 18th December 2002) and the story was further corrected by a later article in another Tasmania newspaper "The Saturday Mercury" by aregular columnist Don Knowler (which I was also given but did not get the date of the article), about a Peregrine that killed a White-bellied Sea-eagle at Judgement Rocks in Bass Strait seen by 2 observers (volunteers for Wildcare) from a fishing vessel. They watched the Sea-eagle for an hour raiding the nests of Gulls along a cliff face and at the whole time being constantly harrassed by a Peregrine Falcon (reminds me recently regarding a number of raptor species in the same situation at the East Maitland Tip).Once the Sea-agle had enough of feeding on the Gull eggs, it spread its wings and dropped from the cliff. As the eagle manouvered its body for flight, the Peregrine swooped and hit the eagle in the neck. There was a crack and the eagle plummeted in the water. The crew headed towards the eagle, tried to revive it but it was dead. Instantly killed by the blow from the Peregrine, about half the size of the eagle).

Http://michaelnau.weebly.com/1/post/...hite-ibis.html
interesting link , nice pictures of peregrine agressing a white ibis
Old 01-12-2011, 03:30 PM
Juan De Marcken
Passage

Old 05-12-2011, 02:40 PM
Juan De Marcken
Passage

Http://books.google.be/books?id=NLlK...YWn8sg&hl=fr&e
a veru interesting book from a great peregrine observer
really worthwile to add to your books collection.

This guy has written one of my favorite books on peregrine falcons :bolt form the blue
an exquisite book that has help me a lot in commenting island girl 's migration
The kind of book that can be read again and again.
Old 13-12-2011, 12:27 PM
Juan De Marcken
Passage

Old 13-12-2011, 01:58 PM
Juan De Marcken
Passage

Calidus pictures from almost every angle:
Http://hoppare.com/vandorsolyom-feszek-eloben.html