Falconry Forum (IFF)


Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > FALCONRY HUNTING & HAWKING DISCUSSIONS > General Falconry & Bird Talk

Reply

 
  
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 19-02-2012, 10:19 PM
Greg's Avatar
Greg Greg is offline
Passage
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Cumbria
Posts: 4,732
Cool Re: Emma ford

I used to know Steve and Emma quite well but I was just working it out and it must be almost 30rys since I last saw them! Wow where did all that time go?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 19-02-2012, 10:24 PM
Loch Lomond's Avatar
Loch Lomond Loch Lomond is offline
Stewart Robertson
Haggard
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Alexandria
Posts: 6,779
Default Re: Emma ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg View Post
I used to know Steve and Emma quite well but I was just working it out and it must be almost 30rys since I last saw them! Wow where did all that time go?
I have just checked Greg, they opened at Gleneagles in1982, 30 years ago. You are right, where does the time go. The last time I stayed there (on business) was in '85. I vaguely remember a group being taken to fly hawks, must have been her and Steve. Just shows, I only showed a passing interest at the time.

And Fraser, I think if you check, the photographs in the book are not recent,
__________________
"Broadsword calling Danny Boy"
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 19-02-2012, 10:26 PM
Dirty Dog Dirty Dog is offline
Jeff
Brancher
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: number 15
Posts: 439
Default Re: Emma ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony James View Post
The one by Emma Ford.
All these books are much of a muchness. they are essential manuals to falconry, but hands on expperiace cannot be read.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 19-02-2012, 10:28 PM
MattSpar MattSpar is offline
Haggard
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: "Mattspar Mansion", Glenn Close, Kirkdouglas.
Posts: 6,518
Default Re: Emma ford

Ford's books are, in my opinion, very second rate.
__________________
"But tell the Dauphin I will keep my state,
Be like a King, and show my sail of greatness,
When I do rouse me in my throne of France!"
Henry V Act 2.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 19-02-2012, 10:39 PM
Dirty Dog Dirty Dog is offline
Jeff
Brancher
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: number 15
Posts: 439
Default Re: Emma ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loch Lomond View Post
I have just checked Greg, they opened at Gleneagles in1982, 30 years ago. You are right, where does the time go. The last time I stayed there (on business) was in '85. I vaguely remember a group being taken to fly hawks, must have been her and Steve. Just shows, I only showed a passing interest at the time.

And Fraser, I think if you check, the photographs in the book are not recent,
Just qouting on your passing interest. 25 years ago i was in aviemore watching dog sled racing. i thought what a wsate of time. 15 yaers later ive got 10 bof them doing the same thing.the brain is strange. jeff.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 19-02-2012, 10:39 PM
Greg's Avatar
Greg Greg is offline
Passage
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Cumbria
Posts: 4,732
Cool Re: Emma ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loch Lomond View Post
I have just checked Greg, they opened at Gleneagles in1982, 30 years ago. You are right, where does the time go. The last time I stayed there (on business) was in '85. I vaguely remember a group being taken to fly hawks, must have been her and Steve. Just shows, I only showed a passing interest at the time.

And Fraser, I think if you check, the photographs in the book are not recent,
The last time I saw them they were at Chillham Castle but knew them before they moved there! I think it was a place called Stelling Minnis but don't count on the spelling being right!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 19-02-2012, 10:49 PM
Loch Lomond's Avatar
Loch Lomond Loch Lomond is offline
Stewart Robertson
Haggard
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Alexandria
Posts: 6,779
Default Re: Emma ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Dog View Post
just qouting on your passing interest. 25 years ago i was in aviemore watching dog sled racing. i thought what a wsate of time. 15 yaers later ive got 10 bof them doing the same thing.the brain is strange. jeff.
Jeff,

No-one has a crystal ball, who knows where fate will lead us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg View Post
The last time I saw them they were at Chillham Castle but knew them before they moved there! I think it was a place called Stelling Minnis but don't count on the spelling being right!
You are right, (I googled it) in Kent ? I had always thought that the photos were recent, until I read how long she had been involved in Falconry. A mate of mine got a Harris' from her two years ago, but that is another story, I suppose it is the same with DDW, thought she was a recent falconer, I might just go and listen to her talks at Mima's in September.
__________________
"Broadsword calling Danny Boy"
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 20-02-2012, 08:20 AM
AndyHawks's Avatar
AndyHawks AndyHawks is offline
Andy
Haggard
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: yorkshire
Posts: 8,602
Default Re: Emma ford

As anyone been hunting with emma or steve recently?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 20-02-2012, 08:21 AM
Pirate Of Penzance's Avatar
Pirate Of Penzance Pirate Of Penzance is offline
Mark - Official Site Sponsor
Passage
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: South West
Posts: 1,131
Default Re: Emma ford

I allways felt the books are just more philip glaisier but not so good
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 20-02-2012, 08:25 AM
Merger Merger is offline
Kevin Riach - BFC Mid West region
Passage
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Glostershire
Posts: 2,002
Default Re: Emma ford

Shes nothing but an old cadger!!
__________________
One life, One quest, One Passion .
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
emma, ford

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.