Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > INTRODUCTIONS & FORUM GUIDANCE > Mentors, Courses & Apprenticeships > Herefordshire

Old 19-10-2015, 08:16 PM
Egg

Post Advice, guidance and experience greatly appreciated

Hi there, my name is Jack. I'm from Bedfordshire and have been very interested in Falconry for roughly a year now. I had to juggle reading up on falconry and my school work and unfortunately but obviously falconry won... Since then I have taken part in many experience days, flying a range of different birds. I especially enjoy the Hawking days at the English School of Falconry, in Bedfordshire, Wilstead. My passion is to live and work off the land whether that be on my allotment, with my poultry and quail and hopfully my bird of prey. I do not currently own a hawk but am extremely interested in doing so. I have a two day course booked this Saturday and Sunday, which should in turn hopfully lead to a voluntary position at the school of falconry. I have required some knowledge and experience of the basics but no where close to professing it. Some of the things I have learnt include; the falconers knot, making of their ancklets, button Jesses, be wits and general knoledge of the birds.I know this isn't nearly 1% of what you need to Learn to have a positive relationship with your bird. I am only 19 but a very keen learner and would put as much spare time when not at work trying to master the sport.
All in all, I am basically just looking for knoledge and experience and would appreciate anything anyone can offer. I have my own car so am able to travel if ever needed don't hesitate but email me: jacksims85@gmail.com
Thankyou Jack