Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > INTRODUCTIONS & FORUM GUIDANCE > Mentors, Courses & Apprenticeships > Scotland

Old 03-07-2012, 07:59 PM
Egg

Default Re: Mentor

Hi all thanks again for the advice know where ur coming from with the comments . iam not looking for a quick fix, was a little dissapointed that the BFC did not even reply to my emails auchwell so if any body has a bit spare time on ther hands please dont hesitate to get intouch , ATB dougie .
Old 03-07-2012, 08:01 PM
Dave Carroll
Brancher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash View Post
Pm me your phone number I hunt in east lothian all the time
He can't pm you Ian, but hopefully he'll stick his number up on here.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:05 PM
Pete
Haggard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2000 View Post
He can't pm you Ian, but hopefully he'll stick his number up on here.
Or an email address .

Pete
Old 04-07-2012, 04:57 AM
Trevor Oertel
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issyfit View Post
iam not looking for a quick fix, was a little dissapointed that the BFC did not even reply to my emails auchwell so if any body has a bit spare time on ther hands please dont hesitate to get intouch , ATB dougie .
Dougie thats assuming they received your email and it did not get lost in cyber space, swallowed up as spam or a whole host of other mishaps including their reply not find you.

The secretary in the BFC's main office is always very helpful and has always been very quick to respond to the few emails I have sent from half way around the world. I guess you must have phoned them then after not receiving a reply. Again I've phoned the office from half way around the world and have received great help.

Falconry starts with making an effort, if you not prepared to make that effort obviously your interest is not very great. A mentor will not just fall in your lap and placing a "request" on the IFF is no great effort. What always amuses me about these sort of threads is the person seeking help expects everyone else to make the effort to help them while they sit on their behinds moaning that no one helped.

Ian has made a very kind offer now its up to you to make the effort. So you don't have enough posts to PM him. What are you going to do Dougie? Bitch and moan that he never sent you his contact details or are you going to make the effort of posting your email address, even if it means creating a yahoo, hotmail or gmail account, so Ian can email you.

Lets see how great your interest is.

ATB
Trevor
Old 04-07-2012, 05:01 PM
Egg

hi trevor appreciate your comments and your prob right but as u say may have to try a bit harder.thanks to flash for the kind offer and will kindly take him up on it. cheers dougie email dougiegale@aol.com
Old 08-07-2012, 09:58 PM
Ian
Passage

Sorry I didnĺt reply sooner this is my bussiest time of the year at work and my wife has just had our first child I have sent you a email
Old 08-07-2012, 10:17 PM
Alan Oliver
Haggard

Hiya mate, i for one never had a mentor in the strictest sence, i found some guy's local, went for a walk out, had a bird on my hand, just to get the feel for it, took phone numbers incase of emergencies etc, but once i got my first bird, i put hollidays in at work and speant two weeks with it un-interupted, research is the key mate, the basics are not that difficult but there are a thousand differant situations that the bird can and will put you in during the early days find out what to do when it goes wrong, best wishes mate.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:56 PM
Stuart Logan
Egg

Default Re: Mentor - East Lothian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issyfit View Post
hi all new to the iff just wondering if the members of the forum all have had mentors? If not how did you over come some of the issues you get by training a hawk I live in east lothian finding it difficult to find someone to help.cheers dougie

am fi east Lothian m8ty