Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > INTRODUCTIONS & FORUM GUIDANCE > New to the Forum?

Old 22-06-2016, 04:54 PM

Default Pigeon Hawk Intro

Hi there, I don't really know what to put in here because I don't actually own or fly any birds yet. I just have a really keen interest in birds, especially birds of prey. Forums are a great place to learn so I thought I would sign up to this one. Sorry if this was a bit vague.

I'm from Staffordshire and hoping to join a club or centre in the near future.
Old 22-06-2016, 05:31 PM
Bradley Church
Passage

Default Re: Pigeon Hawk Intro

Welcome to the forum, there are lots of people that are active posters that don't have any birds yet, myself being one of them. You're right that forums are a great place to learn, I've learnt so much from this one and I'm sure you will to.

Have you had any previous experience with Birds of Prey before or are you totally new? I'm presuming if you have an interest in them you may have been to a Falconry centre before?

I would recommend going through different threads as there are many different section on here containing lots of valuable information from different experienced Falconers. It's usually a little quiet during the moult/breeding season although it livens up when the hunting/flying season begins.

I hope you enjoy your time on here.

Regards,

Bradley
Old 22-06-2016, 10:57 PM

Thanks Bradley.

I've only been to the National Centre for Birds of Prey. I was last there this weekend. I first saw a close up flying display in Mallorca a couple of years ago and have had a bit of a fascination since. I've always had a slight interest in all birds.

There are a couple of clubs close by to here and I'm going to check them out soon. I'm going to give this place a good read before I go.
Old 23-06-2016, 06:38 PM
Bradley Church
Passage

The ICBP is a great place, I've only heard good things about there. I think I remember one of my teachers mentioning the centre in Mallorca, they said it was amazing. Going to the club(s) will be a great thing for you as a beginner because it allows you to meet your local Falconers and that can lead to a mentor.

Regards,

Bradley