Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > EQUIPMENT & HOUSING > Telemetry & other Tracking Equipment

Old 21-11-2016, 07:37 PM
Brancher

Default Re: Marshall RT-GPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Barker View Post
Three weeks ago i was in Kerry hawking with my friend, i have a basic android phone and i am not a gadget geek, he gave me the number of the sim card in his gps transmitter and told me to txt the word "locate" to that number, his falcon was weathering with a microsensory mini fitted and switched on.
Within less than a minuite i got the gps location back to my inbox it was highlighted in blue, i clicked on that link and was offered a choice of "maps" or "browser" i chose maps the map opened up pinpointing the exact spot we were stood by the bend in the river, incredible.
If i were a lonwinger i would have one of these for a few more quid than a powermax.
Keith
Keith,

If you have a Microsensory RTS Basic tag, an Android phone, and a GSM connection at both ends you are off and tracking for E 399 (plus VAT and assuming you already own an Android phone or tablet).

If you go with the RTS Full tag you need the Microsensory receiver to do the data display part of the DRL capability. Also picks up the beep from the RTS Full or from any other backup UHF tag you are using. You still need an Android device to do GSM and to access any of the DRL moving map/video game features via Bluetooth from the Microsensory receiver.

Regards,
Thomas of the Desert
Old 22-11-2016, 05:52 AM
Haggard

Quote:
Originally Posted by WF7LMZ View Post
Keith,

If you have a Microsensory RTS Basic tag, an Android phone, and a GSM connection at both ends you are off and tracking for E 399 (plus VAT and assuming you already own an Android phone or tablet).

If you go with the RTS Full tag you need the Microsensory receiver to do the data display part of the DRL capability. Also picks up the beep from the RTS Full or from any other backup UHF tag you are using. You still need an Android device to do GSM and to access any of the DRL moving map/video game features via Bluetooth from the Microsensory receiver.

Regards,
Thomas of the Desert
Hello Thomas,
If i were flying a falcon getting the hawk back when all else fails would be my priority rather than how high, fast, or how many loop the loops it did before it ****ed off so the basic 400euro tag will do nicely.
Keith
Old 22-11-2016, 11:34 AM
Passage

Quote:
Keith,

Regards,
Thomas of the Desert
So have I got this right? I will only need a microsensory receiver if I want to view the data? So if I buy the full tag and a Marshall 434 receiver I'm covered for GPS location and standard telemetry bleep location, my iPhone would be no good as there are no apps out for it. Are there likely to be any apps in the future?

Thanks
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Barker View Post
Hello Thomas,
If i were flying a falcon getting the hawk back when all else fails would be my priority rather than how high, fast, or how many loop the loops it did before it ****ed off so the basic 400euro tag will do nicely.
Keith
Haha right to the point
Old 28-11-2016, 12:34 AM
Brancher

If you are going to use a Microsensory RTS Full it would make more sense to buy the Microsensory receiver. The price is about the same as a Marshall receiver and you get one box that combines the MRT receiver and the MRT "PocketLink" functions. Plus as long as the data is coming in it can be useful for flight management and for short recovery. The "she's stopped moving and is about three miles up the road, let's wait a minutes to see if she heads back and then I will go collect her" type of scene.

As far as I know the "Pocket Link" does not talk to Android and the Microsensory does not talk to Iphone. Marshall makes noises about an Android version, but all smoke, no fire so far. Microsensory is not even making noises yet.

Regards,
Thomas of the Desert
Old 28-11-2016, 06:31 AM
Paul MacDermot
Passage

Quote:
If you are going to use a Microsensory RTS Full it would make more sense to buy the Microsensory receiver. The price is about the same as a Marshall receiver and you get one box that combines the MRT receiver and the MRT "PocketLink" functions. Plus as long as the data is coming in it can be useful for flight management and for short recovery. The "she's stopped moving and is about three miles up the road, let's wait a minutes to see if she heads back and then I will go collect her" type of scene.

As far as I know the "Pocket Link" does not talk to Android and the Microsensory does not talk to Iphone. Marshall makes noises about an Android version, but all smoke, no fire so far. Microsensory is not even making noises yet.

Regards,
Thomas of the Desert
There is a little squeak from Microsensory here, post 15:
Http://www.falconryforum.co.uk/showt...=137948&page=2