Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > BIRD OF PREY TALK > Lost, Found, Sighted or Stolen Birds of Prey?

Old 15-07-2017, 09:50 PM
Haggard

Default Re: Found a falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0M View Post
Exactly. The ring number is like a car registration plate. It's not got your name and number on but if all up to date it will lead straight back to you. If you care for the bird then it will be all up to date.

Atb
Tom
Why content yourself with a ring number?
If a hawk finds itself being taken from a larson trap on a saturday, you're potentially putting a non-falconer in charge of its care for at least two days.
If you really want that hawk back in a hurry, why doesn't everyone have visible contact details that can be used immediately?
Old 15-07-2017, 10:32 PM
Passage

Default Re: Found a falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony James View Post
Why content yourself with a ring number?
If a hawk finds itself being taken from a larson trap on a saturday, you're potentially putting a non-falconer in charge of its care for at least two days.
If you really want that hawk back in a hurry, why doesn't everyone have visible contact details that can be used immediately?
Good point. I've not really thought about it before and didn't think of that kind of scenario. Before I saw this last reply it was on my mind to look into it. It does make sense.

Atb
Tom