Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > RAPTOR BREEDERS & BREEDING > General Breeding & Conservation

Old 30-07-2017, 10:04 PM
Haggard

Default Re: Trapping a breeding pair of peregrine falcons

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulUsHilarius View Post
I stand by my theory that the plastic plate was just used for fitting the harness, and removed before the bird was released. A google search I just found this, where a bit of paper is used instead of plastic:

Http://www.ospreytrax.com/Papers/Harness_paper.pdf

You have been fobbed off with a pathetic answer. This is just nonsense:
"There is a breastplate for comfort and it has been developed after years of tagging research by both the BTO and RSPB."

Has there been an answer anywhere about the fertility or stage of development of chicks in the unhatched eggs?
We may never find the truth about why the eggs failed.
Old 30-07-2017, 11:05 PM
Passage

That reply is probably from a pr operative who hasn't got a clue about what is going on. The likes of Marshall and microsensory will be putting more effort into designing a lightweight transmitter.
Was the question asked about the eggs?
Why have they not updated everyone on spring watch as to what happened to them?
Old 31-07-2017, 10:07 AM
Bradley Church
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0M View Post
That reply is probably from a pr operative who hasn't got a clue about what is going on. The likes of Marshall and microsensory will be putting more effort into designing a lightweight transmitter.
Was the question asked about the eggs?
Why have they not updated everyone on spring watch as to what happened to them?
It certainly doesn't look good on their part when they miss out an answer/update. Especially as they said that they would "share the results as to why the eggs failed to hatch" on an episode in the series just gone. I'm not going to make guesses as to why they didn't hatch as I don't know enough to although clearly something went wrong whether it be down to their actions or nature's.

Regards,

Bradley
Old 31-07-2017, 08:34 PM
David
Brancher

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulUsHilarius View Post
I stand by my theory that the plastic plate was just used for fitting the harness, and removed before the bird was released. A google search I just found this, where a bit of paper is used instead of plastic:

http://www.ospreytrax.com/Papers/Harness_paper.pdf

You have been fobbed off with a pathetic answer. This is just nonsense:
"There is a breastplate for comfort and it has been developed after years of tagging research by both the BTO and RSPB."

Has there been an answer anywhere about the fertility or stage of development of chicks in the unhatched eggs?
The egg questions were asked and ignored, as such it has been sent back asking them to try again...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradazTheFalconer View Post
It certainly doesn't look good on their part when they miss out an answer/update. Especially as they said that they would "share the results as to why the eggs failed to hatch" on an episode in the series just gone. I'm not going to make guesses as to why they didn't hatch as I don't know enough to although clearly something went wrong whether it be down to their actions or nature's.

Regards,

Bradley
Bradley, I have suggested they update their findings in Autumnwatch. How true that update, if it happens would be only time will tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradazTheFalconer View Post

Regards,

Bradley
Bradley, I have suggested they update their findings in Autumnwatch. How true that update, if it happens would be only time will tell.
Old 01-08-2017, 10:19 AM
Bradley Church
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarneyAndMonty View Post

David,

That seems like a reasonable suggestion. I doubt we're not the only viewers wondering why that story got lost last series. I enjoy watching Springwatch but when people question what they're doing and they say they will update the viewers, it's to be expected they go through with it. Hopefully they will clear things up in Autumnwatch either way.

Regards,

Bradley