Falconry Forum (IFF)


Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > BIRD OF PREY TALK > Broadwings - Buteo > Harris Hawks

Reply

 
  
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 24-01-2011, 02:44 PM
Paddy's Avatar
Paddy Paddy is offline
Chick
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: rotherham
Posts: 59
Default Food for my Harris Hawk

Wheres the best place and the cheapest to order quail,rats and chicks and deliever ?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 24-01-2011, 02:49 PM
Colin Bevan's Avatar
Colin Bevan Colin Bevan is offline
Passage
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Wiltshire (Ex Shropshire)
Posts: 3,057
Default Re: Food for my harris hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
wheres the best place and the cheapest to order quail,rats and chicks and deliever ?
Adam....have you just realised your hawk needs food
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 24-01-2011, 02:54 PM
Will K's Avatar
Will K Will K is offline
Passage
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Norfolk
Posts: 1,706
Default Re: Food for my harris hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Bevan View Post
Adam....have you just realised your hawk needs food


Http://www.kiezebrink.nl/index.php?pid=3

Http://www.honeybrookfarm.com/

There ya go!
__________________
www.raptortrust.org.uk
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 24-01-2011, 03:06 PM
Tooker's Avatar
Tooker Tooker is offline
Emily
Passage
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 1,170
Default Re: Food for my harris hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will K View Post

There aren't as many ladyboys in the UK - he doesn't know what to do with himself...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 24-01-2011, 03:28 PM
Paddy's Avatar
Paddy Paddy is offline
Chick
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: rotherham
Posts: 59
Default Re: Food for my harris hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Bevan View Post
Adam....have you just realised your hawk needs food
lol,you should be a comedian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will K View Post
Thanks will
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 24-01-2011, 04:03 PM
Colin Bevan's Avatar
Colin Bevan Colin Bevan is offline
Passage
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Wiltshire (Ex Shropshire)
Posts: 3,057
Default Re: Food for my harris hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooker View Post
There aren't as many ladyboys in the UK - he doesn't know what to do with himself...
Why the fuff do you think I'm goin' back to Bangkok....
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 25-01-2011, 07:58 AM
Tooker's Avatar
Tooker Tooker is offline
Emily
Passage
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 1,170
Default Re: Food for my harris hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Bevan View Post
Why the fuff do you think I'm goin' back to Bangkok....
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 25-01-2011, 08:57 AM
Milton Phil's Avatar
Milton Phil Milton Phil is offline
Brancher
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Barnsley
Posts: 211
Default Re: Food for my Harris Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
wheres the best place and the cheapest to order quail,rats and chicks and deliever ?
The Honeybrook bloke delivers to me third Wednesday evening in the month when it's the Yorkshire Falconry meeting at my place. I also keep stocks in.
Phil
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 25-01-2011, 09:45 AM
Jiff's Avatar
Jiff Jiff is offline
Alan Oliver
Haggard
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: teeside
Posts: 11,163
Default Re: Food for my Harris Hawk

Paddy, if you only have one bird i find the best place is the pet shop, find one local that deals with reptiles etc, they are slightly more expensive to buy for a single bird, at the end of the day you do not want food items in the freezer for months, i buy large rats the biggest i can get and chop them in half when frozen, i also use guneypigs durring the moult which are put in whole, the quail i buy are cheap 18.90 a box i have to pre order these and they are not of the best quality, not shure how manny you get but if any look freezer burnt or slightly not right i simply eat them myself or give the dog them nowt goes to waste, rabbit is accumilated, i have had to beg them this year as i couldnt get out, i do my shop monthly, you dont have to feed high quality nutrition every day so i use rabbit flesh inbetween, it's a good idea to try and down load a nutrition chart or charts (the modern apprentice has some nutrition pages with good info) and monitor youre input, this way especialy when the bird is put away to moult you can regulate the calories and stop the bird becomming overweight, the more weight they put on the more there is to take off to regain control.
__________________
If blind people wear dark glasses, why don't deaf people where ear muffs!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 26-01-2011, 03:53 PM
Paddy's Avatar
Paddy Paddy is offline
Chick
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: rotherham
Posts: 59
Default Re: Food for my Harris Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiff View Post
paddy, if you only have one bird i find the best place is the pet shop, find one local that deals with reptiles etc, they are slightly more expensive to buy for a single bird, at the end of the day you do not want food items in the freezer for months, i buy large rats the biggest i can get and chop them in half when frozen, i also use guneypigs durring the moult which are put in whole, the quail i buy are cheap 18.90 a box i have to pre order these and they are not of the best quality, not shure how manny you get but if any look freezer burnt or slightly not right i simply eat them myself or give the dog them nowt goes to waste, rabbit is accumilated, i have had to beg them this year as i couldnt get out, i do my shop monthly, you dont have to feed high quality nutrition every day so i use rabbit flesh inbetween, it's a good idea to try and down load a nutrition chart or charts (the modern apprentice has some nutrition pages with good info) and monitor youre input, this way especialy when the bird is put away to moult you can regulate the calories and stop the bird becomming overweight, the more weight they put on the more there is to take off to regain control.
Cheers jiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Phil View Post
The Honeybrook bloke delivers to me third Wednesday evening in the month when it's the Yorkshire Falconry meeting at my place. I also keep stocks in.
Phil
Wheres your place phil ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Phil View Post
The Honeybrook bloke delivers to me third Wednesday evening in the month when it's the Yorkshire Falconry meeting at my place. I also keep stocks in.
Phil
Wheres your place phil ?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
food, harris, hawk

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.